Tuesday 27 December 2011

DIARY OF A BIBLE



JANUARY: A busy time for me. Most of the family decided to read me through this year. They kept me busy for the first 2 weeks, but they have forgotten me now.

FEBRUARY: Clean-up time. I was dusted yesterday and put in my place. My owner did use me for a few minutes last week. He had been in an argument and was looking up some references to prove he was right.

MARCH: Has a busy day first of the month. My owner was elected the PTA & used me to prepare a speech. 

APRIL: Grandpa visited us this month. He kept me on his lap for an hour reading from 1 Peter. 5: 5-7. He seems to think more of me than do some people in my own household.

MAY: I have a few green stains on my pages. Some flowers were pressed in my pages.

JUNE: I look like a scrapbook. They have stuffed me with full o f newspaper clippings and one of the girls got married. 

JULY: they put me in a suitcase today, I guess we are off on vacation. I wish I could stay home; I know I will be closed up in this thing for at least 2 weeks.

AUGUST: Still in the suitcase

SEPTEMBER: Back home at last and in my old familiar place. I have a lot of company; 2 women’s magazine and 4 comic books are stacked on top of me. I wish I could be read as much as they are.

OCTOBER: They read me a little bit today. One of them is very sick. Right now I am sitting in the centre of the coffee table. I think the Pastor is coming by for a visit. 

NOVEMBER: Back in my old place. Somebody asked today if I were a scrapbook.

DECEMBER: The family is busy getting ready for the holidays. I guess I’ll be covered up under wrapping paper & packages again … just as I am every Christmas.

From LBA

No comments:

Post a Comment