Thursday 17 February 2011

Modern Psalms. 23 and Psalms. 23 !!!!


Here is Psalms. 23 in two different forms. The first one is a modern version, don't assume this is from the Bible - I saw this hanging on a wall. After this Modern Psalms. 23, I have also put the copy of the Psalms 23 from the Bible. Read through both and write your comments !!!

The reason i put this up is that if we were to change God's word according to our desires, this here is just an example. Even though it is meant for humor, the modern Psalms. 23 shows us how we are deviating our lives and not living a life pleasing God. 

The Modern Psalms 23

The TV is my Shepherd, I shall not want
It maketh me to lie down on the sofa
It leadeth me away from the Scriptures.
It destroyeht my soul!
It leadeth me in the paths of immorality.
For the sponsorers’ sake.
Yea, though I walk in the shadow of my
Christian responsibilities,
There will be no interruptions,
For the handheld TV is with me.
Its cable or wireless control,
They comfort me.
It preapareth a commercial before me,
In the presence of my carnality.
It anointeth my head with humanism.
My coveting ruunteth over.
Surely laziness and ignorance shall follow me
All the days of my life
And I shall dwell in the house of TV forever.
 - Author Unknown

Psalms. 23 from the Bible

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 

He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters, 
he refreshes my soul. 

He guides me along the right paths 
for his name’s sake. 

Even though I walk 
   through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil, 
   for you are with me; 
your rod and your staff, 
   they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me 
   in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; 
   my cup overflows. 

Surely your goodness and love will follow me 
   all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD 
   forever.
 - Author King David

God has given His word, to us and we are really privileged to have or possess God's Word. King David enjoys as he says the verses in this Psalms. 23. When he calls The Lord as His Shepherd he really means those words from out of His heart. Though he is a king in power and authority, he humbles himself before God and he is always reminded of the fact from where he comes from that he was once a shepherd but God raised him.



We should always remember that God has raised us from sin, so let us praise God also let us remember that we are just man and not God. Not forgetting who we are and how we were let us magnify our Savior who has given His life to save the perishing souls of mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment